E-enrolment court application withdrawn PDF Print E-mail
Friday, 23 December 2016 19:45

Software firm Purple Divine Technology has withdrawn the court application against the Ministry of Primary and Secondary Education over the ownership of the electronic ministry application.


The Ministry of Primary and Secondary Education has welcomed the withdrawal of charges over the ownership of the electronic ministry application platform and has announced that to date 73 percent of places allotments for boarding schools have been taken up through online recruitment.

Primary and Secondary Education Minister Dr Lazarus Dokora said the government is happy that the legal battle is over and expressed satisfaction with the endorsement of the e-registration concept with seventy three percent of places allotments so far secured via the platform.

The complainant's lawyer Mr Charles Warara could not be reached for comment on the withdrawal of the case.

The Harare-based software firm was seeking to stop the ministry from using the concept which it alleges to have developed.

Dr Dokora said with the support given to the programme, the government is now focusing on the implementation of phase two of the new curriculum in 2017 with particular focus on improving access to quality education.

Comments (0)Add Comment

Write comment
smaller | bigger

security code
Write the displayed characters


busy
 

Currency Converter

Convert 

into

  

Polls

Login



Gallery Preview